Friday, January 28, 2011

How online banking credentials are stolen and financial accounts are drained

By Cesar Ortiz
Many different information security principles can come into play here but the most common thing is to avoid falling victim to phishing attacks or having your pc become infected with malware by visiting insecure websites. Keep your Anti-Virus updated and make sure the "live" check up is enable. Always, always, always make sure that the site you are connected is secure when entering sensitive data by looking for the following: (1) there is a locked padlock image in the top of the page or at the bottom, never in the center or at the sides of the screen. This locked padlock icon is inserted there by the secure page provider who issues the secure site certification and if you click on top of the padlock icon, you will get information about the secure site certificate. (2) the address bar in the web page should say https:// instead of http:// (3) In some browsers, the address bar turns green when in a secured connection.

1 comment:

Cmarti said...

Recently I received a notice from my bank saying that for an error they disclose my information and they sent me a letter apologize for that and send me a free subscription to check per free my personal credits record, I'm a little concerned.